Monday, December 23, 2013

Who the Heck Are You?

Now that I'm working on launching a writing career, I thought it would be a good idea to spend more time, well, writing.  It's nice to give myself a bit of a break from the heavy slog of first-draft editing, and thus, this blog was created.

A little bit about me:  I'm Stephanie Wood Franklin, writer, reader, gamer, and crafter.  I've been writing since I was about eight, but it's only in the last year or two that I've tried to actually finish something.  I've done NaNoWriMo eight times, but only won three.  Still, my win-loss ratio is getting better!

For my day job, I work in the legal department at Amazon.com.  However, I do not speak on behalf of Amazon - any opinions stated here are my own.  Also, I can't help you with your customer service issue or figure out where your order is.  I've been working here for a little over four years, and I truly enjoy my job.

I'm currently working on an urban paranormal series tentatively titled "Paranormal Investigations, Inc."  I say tentatively because the more I'm working on it, the more I realize the title no longer fits.  I wrote part of Book One a couple of years ago, and let it sit; this year, I wrote a complete(ish) draft of Book Two for NaNo.  Now, my biggest challenge is filling the gaps in between the two books, and seeing how the arc will continue on to Book Three.  It's amazing how much changed between the books, and I've found it's been handy to keep a list of the things that need to be updated as I read through the incredibly rough drafts.

I have a few other projects that are simmering on the back burner, that I'll probably poke at on occasion.  Among them are the Epic Fantasy of Epicness (with a story seed that came out of a fever dream) and an alternate history set in the time of the Conquistadores.  I'm sure there will be other projects along the way, and I look forward to writing them and writing about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment