Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nanowrimo Days Twenty through Twenty-Two

I admit, I seriously contemplated throwing in the towel on Nano for a bit.  I didn't write anything for a couple of days, thinking that maybe it would best if I took a break from writing altogether for a bit.  Besides, it's getting close to the holidays, which means that there's going to be a great deal of crafting to be done to get gifts together for everyone.

Then I woke up this morning, and realized that I needed to write.  Even though I know it's unlikely that I'll be able to finish Nano in time (I only need to write about 4400 words a day, no big deal *faints*), I needed to write.  Not writing anything for a few days had actually bothered me, and I noticed that my depression seemed to pick up.  I'm not entirely certain what kind of link, if any, exists there, but if it helps, I'm all for it.

Going back to the story, I decided to change around some of my outline, which was mostly caused by one of my characters showing up having been beaten up like crazy.  I wasn't expecting that.  I also hadn't expected to kill off one of the main secondary characters, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going to be happening shortly.

At any rate, it feels good to be back.  Maybe I just needed to take a couple of days off to remind myself that writing isn't just something I want to do - I need to do it.  Even if no one ever reads what I write, I still need to do it.

Back to the word mines!

No comments:

Post a Comment