Monday, November 2, 2015

Nanowrimo Update (Days 1 and 2)

I'm stealing the format of my updates directly from Cherie Priest's blog, as it's remarkably streamlined:

Project: Living Cities
Deadline: November 30, 2015
New words written: 2351 (between yesterday and today)
Present total word count: 2351

Things accomplished in fiction: A body has been discovered; our lead detective has seen the body, and is unimpressed; and a young man can't remember where he was last night, but there's an awful lot of blood on his hands...

So far, Nano is moving along. I actually stayed up Saturday night until midnight to start writing the second the time changed over, since with the clocks falling back an hour, I got an extra hour to write. I'm still not 100% sure where things are going to end up, but I have a better idea of whodunit, which is important to know when writing a crime novel. (Also, can I just say how amused I am that Chrome recognizes "whodunit" as a word?)

Anyway, I've got about twenty minutes left in my writers' group lunch break, and I still have a ways to go to meet goal today. Back to the word mines!

No comments:

Post a Comment