Friday, May 13, 2016

I'm still standing

And now I've got the song stuck in my head. Oh, well.

As is becoming a habit at this point, I took a few days off after Camp Nanowrimo to let things settle in my brain a bit. I didn't intend to take this much time away from the blog, but alas, I cannot control everything that could conceivably keep me from my regular lunch/writing time.

On the plus side, I have a new medication and new (possible) diagnosis for the chronic Headaches of Doom that have plagued me for going on 15 years. The new medication has been working wonderfully, though it has some...interesting side effect. For one thing, it affects my sense of taste enough that most of my go-to beverages (Dr. Pepper in particular) taste absolutely foul. On the one hand, I will miss my Dr. Pepper. On the other, my waistline will not miss it. And if that (and the occasional bout of "why does my tongue feel like it's waking up?") is the worst thing I have to deal with, I'm going to call it a win.

In other news, I've decided that I want to submit a short story to Lightspeed Magazine's People of Colo(u)r Destroy Fantasy edition. I've been a big fan of all the Destroy series, and I would love to be involved. I have the beginnings of a story set in the Paranormal Investigations world, and I'm really liking where it's going.

So that's me! How are things in your worlds, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment