Saturday, October 27, 2018

Technically, I Haven't Missed a Day

I realize it's after midnight my time, but I haven't been to bed yet, so it's still Friday. That's my story, at any rate. And I have an Illumination for everyone!

Now, those who know me know that the US military holds a spot close to my heart, as my father was a career member of the Air Force, and most of the men in my family have served at one time or another. Many of them were deployed to different combat areas around the world, and that sort of action takes a toll, both physically and mentally. In general, humans aren't built to handle that kind of violence and come out unscathed.

Lately, the Wounded Warrior project, which has been helping veterans and their families for several years, have doubled down on mental health support. They're working with hospitals and clinics around the country to provide intensive, clinical support for those in need, particularly those impacted by PTSD. This is the definition of an underserved population, so it warms my heart to see the Project identify the need and work to fill it. The link above includes an interview with a veteran who explicitly states that without the intensive care provided with the Wounded Warrior Project's help, he would probably not be here today.

And now for something completely different.




No comments:

Post a Comment