Is This the Other Shoe?

 You know how we always talk about waiting for the other shoe to fall? Basically, when things are going well, we're waiting for the negative things to come and balance the scales, because it's not possible for things to go TOO well - something's going to bring us back down to Earth.

Well, lately things have been going pretty well. I've been asked to do a panel at the Flights of Foundry convention at the end of the month, talking about copyright and public domain basics. The convention is being put together using the things that the attendees say they can bring to the table, and so I had said that I could talk about copyright, and I could also demo a board game. They've asked me to do both! I can't say that I expected them to take me up on that offer, but here we are!

I'm also doing a workshop at GeekGirlCon in November, talking about how embroidery can help improve your mental health and teaching the basics of cross stitch and blackwork. In this case, I had suggested the panel and said that I wanted to do it, so it's not as much of a surprise, but I still wasn't expecting them to say yes.

These are things that involve a lot of work, but they're things that make me excited (and nervous) and happy. It's an overall upswing, and I want to say I'm waiting for the downswing. But...maybe this is the upswing that's making up for the earlier downswing for this year? We've had a rough couple of months, so maybe this time, the other shoe dropping isn't a bad thing.

I'm working to maintaining my optimism, but there's still that little bit that's waiting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna Hear Me Talk?

The Storytellers' Conference (Part 1) - 31 Stories (January 2022)

Come With Me If You Want to Live - Day 4 of 31 Stories (January 2022)