Monday, January 27, 2014

Focus

I am one of those people who tends to bounce around between projects.  I usually read several books at once, switching between them frequently.  I tend to have several craft projects going at once, and my project bag currently has three different works in progress in it.

The same thing happens with writing.  I currently have three projects that I'm actively working on, and I like to switch between them.  I find that it makes it a little easier for me to find inspiration when things get a little stale, and it keeps me from trudging through and writing things I'll end up throwing out.

At the same time, it means that I'm something of a magpie, flitting between projects and not spending a ton of time on any of them.  I might hate to trudge through the rough patches, but it's what needs to be done in order to get something finished.  I've been experimenting with scheduling what I'm working on when, so I'm hoping that will help me focus and get things finished, but it's a start.

How do you approach writing projects?  Do you focus on one at a time, finishing it before moving on to the next, or do you jump between projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment