Monday, June 1, 2015

Between projects

Well, that didn't take long.  I sent in my initial submission yesterday, and received my rejection notice this morning.  The editors were very kind and provided feedback about my submission, which was wonderful, and I can't argue with their reasoning - they didn't see the humor in the synopsis.  Considering how concerned I was about writing humor, it doesn't surprise me at all.

My problem is that now I don't know what I want to work on.  I do want to go back to Living Memory (the novel the short story I was planning was drawn from), but that story has a tendency to turn dark really easily, and I'm not in a good head-space for that at the moment.  I've got a month until the next Camp NaNoWriMo, and a coworker is throwing out ideas for an anthology with relation to that, so hopefully I'll get some ideas from that.  I may go back to Church of Book - I haven't really looked at that since the end of April, so maybe spending a month away will help get the plot bunnies running again.

Either way, it's time to turn the page and start writing the next one.  So far, all of the rejections I've received have been incredibly kind, which makes me both immensely grateful and extremely nervous, waiting for the other shoe to drop.  In the meantime, it's back to the drawing board.


No comments:

Post a Comment