Monday, January 4, 2016

Hello, 2016!

Well, it's four days into the new year, and I've already written more than I did in the first three months of last year. I've been using Habitica to help me keep up with writing on a regular basis, and it's truly amazing how easy it is for me to get tricked into doing things, if it means keeping my character hale and hearty (and feeding my pets, of course). I'm hoping that the last couple of weeks will be indicative of how the next year will go.

I try to avoid making resolutions, because I feel like I'm just setting myself up for failure. There's something about saying "I'm going to [X]" that makes me feel like it's not going to happen. And no, I don't understand it myself. Either way, I just try to figure out something I want to aim for. This year, I will try to:

  • Write regularly
  • Finish writing and editing something
  • Continue doing things that will make me feel better
It doesn't seem like much, I know, but just putting it down helps. With luck, my next blog post won't just be a bunch of looking back or looking forward. (Yes, there may actually be content of some sort. I know, I'm just as shocked as you are.)

Here's to 2016. Here's hoping it will be more fruitful and less violent than 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment