Friday, November 4, 2016

Nanowrimo Day 4

Just a quick update that I'm not dead, and neither is my Nano. Currently I'm sitting at 1,347 words. According to the Nanowrimo website, I should be at 6,666 words for today. So, it's a bit of a slow start.

I'm enjoying what I'm writing, though, so that helps. It's called Novel Wars, and it's sort of a cross between the Hunger Games and Cutthroat Kitchen. Thank heavens for my writers' group at work, as they helped me bounce ideas for the contestants and the sabotages they'll have to deal with. (I keep being reminded of a quote from WorldCon this year, that writers "create fictional people and then torture them," and I can't help but giggle maniacally.)

Anywho, I'll be getting back to it shortly. I'm going to a write-in tomorrow, so with luck having several hours set aside to do nothing but write will help get the momentum going. After that, well, I'll probably be avoiding the internet entirely on November 8-9, because while I'm thrilled that this dumpster fire of an election is finally going to be over, I don't particularly relish the idea of watching the backlash, regardless of which way it goes. I may spend the 9th with my Kindle and my little writing machine, disconnected from the internet and cuddling the cats.

Happy Friday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment